Monday, January 5, 2009

{new year, new look!}

Surprise! Happy new year! How do you like the new look? I know, I know....it's stylin' huh? It was on my list for quite sometime to get the blog looking up to par. So it kinda worked out that it got done for Christmas. What a nice Christmas gift. But I wanted to keep it a secret until I could do a proper 'un-veiling' of the new look {so, sorry if you checked & the blog was private for awhile}. So here it is... da, da, da daaaaa!

Anyway, I'm so excited about it - it turned out just perfect, didn't it? I'd like to claim it as my own blog design {...it does look just like something I'd do}, but ya know what? - it's SO much easier to have someone who specializes in doing this, do it for ya! That way you can do what you do best, instead of figuring all the coding & uploading out {what a pain}! So do you want to meet her? Oh, you know you are dying to check out her portfolio.....her name is Hannah of Craner Design Studio. She was ab-fab! It was such a seamless process working with her & her prices are great! Stop by her shop & get your wheels turnin' to get your new look for the new year! It's funny how exciting it is to have a blog make-over - you really should try it!

So it's back to business as usual around here. We got a good holiday break with my family up in Oregon. It was nice. I hope you got to spend some good time with your families too & that you're rested & rejuvenated ready to go back to your everyday life!

Just a couple updates on the biz...

- Be sure to check out studio jk vinyl - there's a month long sale going on right now that you won't want to miss out on. Especially if you have new year goals to "get organized"!

- I've got a lot of fun new designs in the works, that of course will be given away for 'vinylicious friday' first. So if you havn't already signed up to "RSS" or "follow" this blog {in your dashboard on your own blog}, do so now. I've decided to be a bit more spontanious with the give away's - so you'll want to sign up to be notified when they're happening.

I think that's it for now - next up....the first 2009 - vinylicious give away! Talk to you then!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

You're sneaky. I was bummed when I thought you went private. I'm glad to see it was all for a good reason. I love the new look. Love the birdie - I have the pair on a mirror in my mudroom. They always make me smile.

Melissa said...

love the new look- and so glad to see you're back up - I was kinda shocked when I tried to link up and saw you'd gone private- it didn't make sense to me - but now it does :)

James and Monica said...

stinker! I was wondering what had happened. I kept checking etsy to see if there was any sort of update!! I'm glad you're back! I do love the new design. Hannah is amazing, I wish I could get one from her...money is always an issue! lol. Glad to have you back!
Question: any Valentine's day designs??

Mama Yo said...

OOO, I love the new look! It fits your style perfectly!!! Looking forward to see what you've got coming next!

Kam said...

Love your new look!
Quick question for you...we are adopting a son from Thailand who is two. We are decorating his room in a vintage sports theme~khaki, brown, & navy. I really would like some vinyl in there but not of a ball player or bat or anything. I'd really like something that says "Take me out to the ball game"...do you have anything like that? I searched your shop...or could you design something? Just curious b/c I love your style. I found another vinyl company that a friend recommended and to do the chorus of that song would be $200+....way out of our budget. Do you have any ideas? His name is Joel. Maybe a baseball with his name in it? I know you must be busy...just wanted to bend your ear on any ideas you may be able to do.

Thanks so much!

kristin said...

i also was so bummed to see a private message come up the other day...

I love the new look - even before I read your post, I thought, this looks like one of Hannah's designs--I was right!

Coco said...

I have been checking back for a while to see if you would go un-private.
I love the new look!

Jamie Hamblin said...

Yay I thought that you didn't love us anymore... j/k I'm so glad that you are back great :)